recently issued its 2022 Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) report.
Keith Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boyd Gaming, said: “The tenets of ESG have long been a part of Boyd Gaming’s mission. Our latest ESG report provides a comprehensive look at how our Company is fulfilling our ongoing commitment to protecting the environment, treating our stakeholders with respect and integrity, and consistently acting in the best interests of the communities we call home.”
The latest report outlines key initiatives and achievements under its four ESG pillars, including:
- Continued reductions in energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and water consumption, with cumulative water savings of nearly 1 billion gallons over the past four years;
- The Company diverted an additional 4.5 million pounds of waste materials from landfill year-over-year through waste reduction, reuse and recycling efforts, achieving a total diversion rate of $53.6% in 2022.
- Increased diversity in Boyd’s workforce, with minority groups representing 63% of Boyd’s new hires in 2022, and females nearly 55%.
- Development and implementation of a formal Companywide Human Rights Policy.
- Continued support of Boyd’s communities through approximately $45 million in contributions to non-profit organizations from 2020 through 2022.
To access Boyd Gaming’s 2022 ESG Report, please visit www.caringtheboydway.com